Most sites have a number of pages. Here are just a few.
1. Home Page / Welcome page – is like the entryway to your house. It is an introduction to you. It should include things like author’s picture, available books, a welcome note, brief biography and links to all the other pages on the site.
2. Books Page – as an author you want people to find your books. This page should contain all the books you’ve written with either blurbs, excerpts or reviews. Or links to this information.
3. Bio Page – a page to tell people about yourself. Who you are, what you write, more about your personal interests and other information you want to share.
4. Links Page – this page gives visitors to your site links to other places on the Internet where they can find you. Also, it can include links to your friends and publisher. This is important because links to other sites that link back to you increases your rating on the Internet. (This also increase your SEO rating—see definition below.)
5. Other Pages – the possibility for other pages are endless. Here is where you make your site your own.
6. Picture page - share pictures.
7. Contact page – where you give fans your email address.
8. Excerpt pages – giving excerpts of your books or the ability to read the first chapter.
9. Video Page – to display video you’ve made. (A great way to connect with readers.)
10. Some sites even have chat areas.
Just a few to think about when developing your site.