Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bad Review? You Are Not Alone!

Everyone--and I mean everyone--I know who writes books has received a bad review at one time or another. It's part of the business. This week, an author exploded onto the web with her rant against a negative review. While I can appreciate her frustration, I think we can all agree that short-term publicity is not worth the long-term headache.

In honor of lukewarm reviews, vicious critiques, and poorly-worded insults, here's a gift for the writer in your life:




3 comments:

  1. I got a real stinker of a review from a well-known site a couple weeks ago. I didn't bother to read it -- didn't need the negative baggage & other people do like my latest book. The silver lining is that those sales I'm able to track spiked noticeably for a few days afterward. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always someone with an opinion...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my very own mug right here on my desk.

    ReplyDelete