Saturday, July 18, 2009

A PICTURE OF ORGANIZATION

 j0386116Here’s a quick tip to help save time on the mundane things of life – to free up your schedule for writing.

One of my pet peeves is having to tear through storage containers to find something. That’s one of the reasons a label-maker is a professional organizer’s best friend.

But what about when a label like ”Christmas Decorations” is too generic?

I’ve found that taking a quick photo of the contents – and attaching it to the outside of the container – is a simple and effective solution. This is also an easy way to help children who can’t read learn to put away their toys.

An added benefit is that you’ll have a record of the contents of those containers in case of a fire or flood. Just be sure to back up your photos and keep the files in a safe place.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea!

    Now, if I can just find where I put my camera.

    ReplyDelete