Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 17--Grateful for another day

I love lists, and have a fresh one nearly every day filled with what I want to accomplish. And I use this list as well to make notes of interesting tidbits I want to remember, places I've been online, a great quote, an idea for an upcoming blog/story/whatever.  There are times, however, I think I need to make a list of my lists so I can keep track of all those slips of paper.

But, that's not the list I want to mention today. Yesterday I wrote about making a list of your accomplishments, great and small. Today, the attitude is gratitude.

At the end of each day, take a few moments to be thankful. Some days, when nothing is going right, finding something to be thankful for can be difficult. Really? No, not if you take a deep, calm breath and think. Writing down that first thankful moment will open your heart and mind to gratitude, and another will fill your mind.

Don't worry about how silly or trivial your gratitudes may sound (I'm thankful I found new Sharpie pencils that are fun to write with). Each breath of thanks (Wow, I'm thankful for a second place 'win' in a contest) will have you breathing in another. You'll smile (I'm thankful for friends who share beautiful pictures of their families) and the day will fall into place. (I'm thankful my helper showed up for work today)

And with that smile, and a peace-filled attitude of gratitude, how can you not write the best of words, and share the greatest of stories? 

No comments:

Post a Comment