Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 61--Almost NaNo Day

Today's the day to do my final set up for NaNoWriMo. As a pantser, I have the general direction my story may want to go in my head. Although, as you know, sometimes our story people have their own ideas and take off in their own directions. And that's okay during NaNo...my main objective is to get the words down on paper. I'll argue with my characters later if need be.

So, I have my tentative plan in place. My household and friends know what I'm going to be focusing on in November. Today I'll create a new document--Nano10 and keep a shortcut on the desktop for easy access. I also like to have a second document available--a place where I can keep track of those inevitable new ideas, bits of conversation, plotlines that don't fit in my NaNo work in progress. And I'll decide the number of days I KNOW I'll be writing so I can fix my daily word count. There's always some days where little or no writing is done. I know that--so I might as well plan for it.

I'm not going to forget these 100 day posts during November either. Keep checking here for quotes about inspiration and writing. And celebrations as Heartlandians grow their stories through NaNo!

So....
On your mark...

Get set....

...

No comments:

Post a Comment