Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 79--the power 100

To paraphrase Iron Man...
                 
I am Writer. I am one with the pen.        

Okay, so there was a commercial on in the background while I was trying to discover what I wanted to talk about today. Strange as it may seem, the above phrase does work.

It's easy to say 'I want to be a writer' or "I'd like to be a best selling author.' Easy to dream. Harder to do.

I am Writer. Say it. Then say it again. Make this a daily affirmation and a promise to yourself. Want to, like to...try to...  these will get you only so far in your pursuit of a well-told tale. Sooner or later, you have to give up wanting and simply make it happen. yeah, it's hard work, but fighting crime didn't come easy to Iron Man either!

I am Writer. I am one with the pen. Or the keyboard.

Photo credit: xenia from morguefile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment