Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 84--the power 100

I attended another food show a couple days ago--that's the joy of working with more than one distributor. But those distributors receive their products from the same manufacturers. So, there's a repeat of products--and company representatives. I'm always surprised to be remembered.

I had my show order book completed and wasn't really in the mood. So, why did I go? There's always a chance of discovering something new. And as I ambled along, refusing to taste yet another chicken product, I discovered something new! A multi-grain muffin mix that will fit perfectly in my school lunch program.

Even better than that, I had the chance to connect with a number of folks I worked with at my previous job. It was kinda like an old home week.


Photo credit: click from morguefile.com

Taking a writing challenge is a good way to stretch your writing muscles. But, if you look around, there's lots of challenges, prompts, things to try in your stretch. Sometimes, even when out plotting or brainstorming is done, we're really not in the mood. Wandering through the maze of possibilites, you might refuse to try another version of the same thing. (Like writing 100 words a day for 100 days.) But, you never know. You might discover something new about you and your writing. And that something might fit perfectly in your writing world.

And who knows. Maybe you'll even reconnect with a character or a part of your tale that was missing.

So write those 100 words today. On anything you want. Just write. Just do it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment